black for a reason

10 Nov (7): First They Came...

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller (1892–1984)

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Dear friends, time to speak up.

Labels: ,




2 Comments (Post a Comment)

Blogger discordant dude
5:18 PM


i dunno if u realized it, that none of the response fr the government actually address the issues brought up by the BERSIH rally...
Blogger kiawin
8:06 PM


yea, sadly speaking. it's like a smoke screen, trying to hide the real agenda away.

on the other hand, never realize our IGP was so creative, too :) sadly speaking.
Creative Commons License